This is a question I’ve been getting a lot lately.
Entrepreneurs are really concerned whether this whole “brand strategy” thing will take away their freedom to run their business the way they want to, to have the life they want to have – or to react to what’s going on in the world and make changes.
Let me tell you, it won’t.
You’ll still get to run your business the way that you want to. You’ll just know where it’s going, and you’ll be looking a step ahead of where you are.
What does this mean?
- It means that instead of waking up in the morning and saying “Eeek, my newsletter’s supposed to go out and I have no idea what to write it on or what to promote!”… you’ll know what to write, what to promote and what’s next.
- Instead of getting to the end of the year and thinking, “What have I been doing for my business all year?” you’ll get to the end of the year and be confident that you’ve moved towards your ultimate future vision.
- You’ll be walking your business towards meeting your big goals and big dreams instead of scrambling around after your brand in emergency mode.
- You’ll know exactly what your brand foundation is all about – so that every piece you design can build a more powerful brand instead of spreading your resources thin or making your message confusing.
- And you’ll be able to design the things that you need to bring in more profit – instead of just designing things because it sounds cool or because you suddenly think you might need it. You’ll have the tools in your brand toolkit to see what designs are really going to help and what’s not going to make much of an impact.
Your strategy isn’t set in stone. You will be able to make changes, stay flexible and have the freedom to change your plans (if, say, a magical vacation opportunity comes up!) After all, your flexibility, freedom and reaction time are major advantages of being a small business!