Your gift is often one of the first interactions a client will have with you – you want to make sure that it’s good!
How old is your free report?
- When was the last time you opened and read it?
- Has it been a little while? Is it “dusty”? I know it’s a PDF or an eBook, but you know what I mean.
- (Have you even looked at it since you set it up?)
How’s that content looking?
- Does it talk about a topic that leads into your current offers?
- Does it cover a topic that you’re even coaching/consulting/training on or doing anymore?
- Is it interesting and engaging? Do you want to read it, or do you find it hard to slog through?
Does it work for your clients?
- Is it as advanced as you or your customers now are and do you need to bring it out of the basics?
- Is the information in it correct? Have there been advances in your thinking?
- Does it offer immediate value for your clients?
Does it make sales?
- Is the call-to-action text the best you can currently write?
- Is the next step you’re asking them to take still the right next step for your services?
- Are subscribers converting to clients from the eBook?
How does it look?
- Does it look gorgeous?
- Are the photos good? (Do you even have any photos in it?) Does the headshot you’ve got on your About page actually look like you!
- Does it match your brand?
The final question:
Are you proud of it? If someone you really respect read it, would you be happy or embarrassed?